I made this jam one summer with Apricots from Valley View Orchard. I made half the batch according to recipe, but to the other half I added crushed cayenne pepper. Both were amazing! The hint of spicy heat was a delicious addition to an already fabulous jam. For this size batch I would add 1-2 crushed red peppers, or to taste. Have fun!
8 cups diced apricots
1/4 cup lemon juice
6 cups sugar
- Sterilize your canning jars by boiling for 10 minutes in a hot water canner.
- You will need 5 pint jars or 10 half-pints.
- Combine all ingredients in a large stock pot.
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves.
- Once mixture reaches a rolling boil, continue to boil it for 30 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent it from sticking.
- Remove from heat and fill jars, leaving 1/4 head space.
- Wipe rims clean and put the 2-piece metal canning lids in place.
Process in boiling water canner for 10 minutes.